Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FAT Tuesday!


Happy Mardi Gras!

(Is that what you say "happy mardi gras" or should it be "merry mardi gras"?)

Going to Mardi Gras in New Orleans is on my bucket list. We went to New Orleans once on our honeymoon, it was fascinating! We were only there for about 2 days, so we didn't get to see much. Except, I did use my guide book and took my wonderful husband on a self-guided walking tour around the French Quarter. Hard to believe that was almost seven years ago..... Anyway, I plan on going back and partying like a true Hebert....


Well, I had full intentions of making a King Cake and doing a whole tutorial but time got away from me. But I couldn't not make something for Fat Tuesday! Soooo, I made delicious chocolate/chocolate cupcakes and threw some purple, green, and yellow sprinkles on them! Mardi Gras-ish enough for me!


The cupcakes pictured above are served on the Willow House Covington Serving Tray. Available on my Willow House site now. When I don't have cupcakes piled up on it, I keep it on my buffet by my dining room table with a vase filled with wine corks on it. It's a beautiful, versatile piece!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.